Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Off the wagon...




I knew it was bound to happen. Hi, My name is Sue, and it's been five days since my last blog post. I have a good excuse, though! We've been wrangling kids. 'Nuf said. Right? Any time we can make arrangements to get all four kids, we make it happen. So, this weekend, we did.



We drove to Mississippi to pick up H on Friday. Stayed in the state with my parents that night and headed back to Georgia on Saturday - picking up Ab along the way in Atlanta. We got home late that night, took H over to Am & J's house on Sunday morning so she could go to church with them. Ab, JP, and I went back home to begin cleaning the house! H had asked earlier in the week if we were going to have a Thanksgiving feast while she was here and, at first, I said, "No." Hadn't even considered it!! But then I'd realized, "Why not?!" So we called Am & J's mom to see what she thought and it all just came together!



So, Sunday night, we had our big family feast! Turkey, gravy, cornbdread dressing, mashed potatoes, rolls, cranbery sauce (two kinds), cran-apple cobbler, chocolate chip pie, and red velvet cupcakes... We STUFFED ourselves! Am, J, and their mom went back home afterwards and we rolled the oldest and youngest of the four up to bed.



Today, we will pick up the middle two again and will have them through the weekend. Unfortunately, it's H's dad's year to have her for Thanksgiving, so on our way up to spend the holiday with JP's family, we'll be meeting in Alabama to drop H off with him.



Busy week! Ab is napping, right now. JP has H out playing in the woods. Sometime between tonight and tomorrow, I need to run to the store... We have two Thanksgiving meals to attend on Thursday with JP's family and I think I'm going to use my new two-pie carrier to take two chocolate chip pies! So, THAT is what I'll be doing tomorrow as we prep to head out frist thing Wednesday morning.



Luckily, with the holiday, there is no class, this week. We just have to get back in time, this weekend, for me to get some good studying in before an exam next week. Fun, fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment