Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Home Sweet Home



We are finally home from our vacation... and it was certainly one of those "need a vacation from my vacation" kind of vacations. We only had three of the four kiddos with us, but they were a handful the entire trip!

There were several "favorite" parts... one was waking up on "Black Friday" to see it was actually WHITE Friday. It had snowed sometime after midnight. And I don't think it got over 33 degrees all day. The kids attempted to play in the light dusting of snow, but they only made it about 10 minutes before they were frozen! Above is the layout I made to "commemorate" it.

My favorite, however, was later that same day. We got to go over to JP's grandparents' house and I finally got to know them. Granny Jan and I spent hours talking and looking at pictures. Over the last year and a half, each time we've seen them has been at family gatherings, at most of which, Granny Jan and Pa Fred were the hosts. So we have never really had time to talk before now. And it was a very special day, as far as I'm concerned.

That evening, we spent hours over at JP's dad & stepmom's house. We had an interesting conversation about employment possibilities that I look forward to hearing more about. There is a slight chance we might end up heading back to Kentucky at the end of the year. For JP, it might mean rejoining the family business. And for me, his aunt worked for the city for years and has plenty of contacts by which I may be able to join the police force. *fingers crossed* At this point, we have applications in for the sheriff's department here, but neither of us really want to stay here. The paycut JP will be taking is enormous, even when adding the salary I would be making if we both got picked up. Moving up there, though, both salaries would put us a lot closer to what he's making in our current situation. We still would have to find the money for the actual move, but we're looking into the possibilities and will hopefully know something soon.

So, now we're home... We spent ALL day on the couch, last night. It was a very long drive home with very cranky kids who refused to rest most of the time. lol So, we vegged on the couch watching TV all day. I think the dog, in fact, was the only one of us that went outside the house all day. Aside from being sore from lack of movement, it was a very good day! I even got to scrap. I managed a layout for one of my designers that should release in a couple days. Then I started the layout that I posted above. I also designed our Christmas cards, but have to find somewhere to get it printed now. Cheaply, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment