Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Memory Keeper



I am the memory keeper. And I LOVE this new kit by Jennifer Fox.
It released today at TheDigiChick.com*.

While on vacation for Thanksgiving, I was playing with the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone trying to get some different pics of myself... because who else is going to do it, ya' know? So before we went to the family gathering, I sat out on the front porch and snapped photos. lol And, of course, I tried to hide what I was doing when someone walked out - I mean, who sits around and does that, right? (Of course, I know that, in reality, we all do it - but I don't know yet if that means we're all normal or if we're all just the same kind of weird.)

So, anyway, I had these pics and posted one as my FB profile pic. Then I got back home and checked in on my CT forums. And, lo & behold, THIS kit was waiting on me at Jennifer Fox Designs:


How perfect was this?? Every now and then, the stars line up just right and - *POW* - you end up with a great thing. All that was left once I got my design in place was the journaling. And, with the photos and those thoughts about who takes the pictures around here... the journaling practically wrote itself. For those of you without super-human vision, here is my wording enlarged: 

I am the memory-keeper. I am the picture-taker. I am the person charged with preserving those moments that mean so much. Those moments that are not to be forgotten. Those moments that take our breath away. Those that make us laugh. Those moments that break our hearts with sweetness and bring tears to our eyes. There is a downside to this charge, however. In between these moments - I am still the one holding the camera, so it is up to me to get pictures of myself if there are any to be had. Just as not every photo of the kids or other family comes together in one shot, photos of myself are rarely worth using. But, then again, there is no one watching the viewfinder when the camera is pointed at me. So, while no one is around, I try to get a good one. Otherwise, who will take those shots to remember me? Because, I am the... Memory Keeper.
*Update: This designer has retired from designing, so her products are, unfortunately, no longer available.


No comments:

Post a Comment