Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Finding Inspiration



Dragonfly Prayer

Ancient, flitting spirit,
master of light and precision,
Dragonfly, I call on you.
Teach me to dance

in the disappearing mists of dawn.
Show me the beauty of each day
by marrying thought and emotion.
Help me see through the illusions that bind me
and understand those that enliven my soul.
Help me understand
that light penetrates 
as well as paints,
that colours deepen as time flows past,
that controlled flight is, indeed, possible.

Please, weave the light of transformation 
and adaption in my life.Dragonfly,
I call on you.



I'm in search of inspiration.  I am in the process of starting my own business.  I have always love beading. I bead jewelry, Catholic and Anglican rosaries, "non-denominational" prayer beads.  It started as a hobby a long time ago, but I started selling pieces in 2006 and did pretty well with it.  The only problem was that I was doing it while working full-time and attending school full-time (not to mention raising a toddler), so it became increasingly difficult to make the time for it. 

Of all the pieces I created, my favorite were the custom orders for both rosaries and jewelry. The majority of my customs were rosaries. For most of the orders, the "guidance" given in the process was a favorite color or perhaps a description of the person to whom it would be given. I spent a lot of quiet time making those and praying/meditating over them as I worked. At the bottom of this post (as well as in the left-hand sidebar) is a selection of the pieces I created in 2006.

Long story short, I have the opportunity to now do this full-time. I am very excited about it, but I've stalled out in an important part the process... choosing a name for my business.  I had a name that I used before, but it never felt "just right". So, here I am, starting over and trying to find a name that encompasses what I do.  I know that I'll use a dragonfly in my logo, but there are already hundreds of businesses out there with dragonfly in the name. 

Anyhoo.... I'll get there.  This part is just taking longer than I had hoped.  :)  




UPDATE:  I do have a name, now; as well as a logo!  I've just got to find the start-up money, at this point. lol It's ALWAYS something! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment